Rishikesh, The Yoga capital of the world, is a perfect blend of pilgrimage sites and adventure. The undying love for ‘Aaj kuch toofani karte hai’ will get you to this place.
Location:Rishikesh is located on the banks of River Ganga and on the foothills of the divine Himalayas in the Northern Indian state Uttrakhand.
Where to stay: Spunky and Hippie places will pull you and your pocket to stay there and enjoy community living. You can go for OYOs if you want :p
The To-do-list: Here goes the Toofani stuff.
• River Rafting– Adrenaline rush is a synonym to rafting. They take you to Shivpuri, where the rafting starts, by car and charges you according to the length of the strech you are rafting. This will definitely get your heart on your sleeves.
• Yoga, Meditation and Chakra correction for soul enhancement.
• Shopping– Colorful and eye-catching bags, religiously printed clothes and household stuff, Antique Rings and necklaces, etc. on the street market.
• Spunky and cozy cafes for ‘Good food, Good life’
• Neer garh waterfall– A perfect combo of trek-waterfall-Maggi will enter your veins.
• Aartis, Ram jhula and Lakshaman jhula for a sacred and religious call.
About Kharcha-Paani: This place may shake your heart but not your bank balance. It is doable and handy considering money scenes. Going for street food and halwai will make both your stomach and pocket happy.
#Away from hustle-bustle of city life, this might become your go-to-place for making your weekends worthy. A weekend getaway will not cost you more than RS 3000.
So what are you waiting for, ofcourse the lockdown :p but once its over, step out & take up this thrilling adventure.